Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Just Love Ripping

Good work, Kristine!
She made a post on her blog
even though she is so busy
with her Japanese and History classes.

Back to the quilt...

Oh no, this is bad.
I made this in sections that worked,
but it doesn't look good all put together.
Then I covered the flowers with the silver blue.

No.
So, I ripped it all apart.
Starting over is good.

I laid out at least 5 more maybe layouts
but none of them worked either.
Then I tried the two large prints together.

Yikes! These guys don't like each other.
Too busy!

Nice colors.
Well, at least these colors get along together.

I wanted to make Kristine a quilt.
So, together we picked out the fabric that we both loved.

The beautiful fabric swept us away.
So we ended up with enough fabric for two or three quilts.

What I need to do now is figure out
what pattern or design I will use.

I'm getting a sore throat that is interfering with my thought processes.
Well, that's a pretty good excuse for a drought of ideas.

I'll be searching the internet tonight
looking for some quilt patterns
that will work with
Japanese prints.
I didn't realize how hard it would be
for me to figure out a design.

Hey, look what I found
Tokyo Quilt Festival Quilt Photos
to click through
and here
and here
and here
and a quilting site here too.
Those are some amazing quilts.

Smiles

No comments: