Friday, January 30, 2009

What to do, What to do?

Here is the top half of the quilt.
I'm down to cutting the last piece.
Should I use the silver blue or

the more colorful flower print?
I spent way, way too much time trying to enlarge
the katakana characters for my daughter's name.
Next step is to try out the freezer paper method
and see if I can make fabric letters.
Never used the freezer paper method.
I'm still playing around with the fabric flowers.

I've decided tomorrow
I need to lay the whole quilt top out on the floor.
Because that is the only way I am going to be able
to figure out what color strip to cut.

I have this idea running around in my head
about a tree of some kind
appliqued on/over the quilt top.
Something to tie the quilt together.
Maybe stitch the silhouette?
Or needle turn?
Or something fishy?
I'll have to wait until tomorrow and see the whole thing.

I'm getting to this scary place
where I don't know if I like the choices I made.
I do like how the colors go together.
I remember a quilter telling me that it is very hard
to make a quilt when someone else is picking the fabric.
I'm out of my safety zone.
Sometimes something really neat happens
when I try something new.

Here is a photo of my drinking water!
This lake supplies the water for our little town.
And it is a great place to picnic!

Smiles

No comments: