Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Silverware Pots




Didn't sleep much last night with all the dogs in the vicinity barking and howling and loud bangs... gunshots?

I wonder if the dogs are making an uproar because of the coyotes? I didn't hear any coyote howls.

Morgan is in the house. The chickens are in their coop and pen. I'm in the house. Very quiet. I think I'm home alone again?

I'm getting really fast at mixing up the pellet mash. This morning I used cold tap water from outside and mixed with my hand instead of a spoon.

I think I will save warm water for cold winter days. It's in the 90's today.

When we put the gas cook top in the island it was deeper than the electric cook top and took up all the drawer space. There went my utensil and silverware drawers. Not that I have silverware. I think I might have a silver plate serving spoon somewhere.

My answer to the problem of no drawers was to use some canisters to hold stuff. I find that I really didn't like having to open and shut a drawer every time I wanted a spoon, etc. This arrangement works out much better for me.

The other reason I was up most of the night was that I was reading Elizabeth Peters (Amelia Peabody Mysteries) books. Kristine's fault! She brought home a stack of them. My kind of books.

Peek at the Past
That barrel has been there for a year.
Time for me to move it.
click on the 2009 photos and they enlarge
(September 27, 2009)

[4 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

7 comments:

Karry Ann said...

Oh I so LOVE your idea oh putting the spoons etc in canisters. Having a very small kitchen, I usually have someone lined up behind me waiting to get a spoon out of the spoon drawer which I am standing right in front of, so they can stir their coffee.... Today I will go home from work and put up a container that holds all those things that they might need that I am standing in front of - no more line-up's in my kitchen!! (we are waiting for some cupboards from someone who is getting new ones so I might be able to actually put the things that belong in my kitchen there rather than out back in the shed!!!)

LindaG said...

Sounds like a great way to spend an evening/night. And I think I like your idea for silverware, too. Much easier than trying to fit an organizer to a drawer! I may have to remember that. :)

Gail said...

A wonderful idea on the silverware. Looks good and easy access.

Maybe someone is thinning the coyotes.

Inger said...

You are such an inspiration. I'm still exhausted and not really well, but when I read your blog, I start itching to do something!!-Inger

Kent Island Red said...

I LOVE the Amelia Peabody series mysteries! Discovered them about 3 or 4 years ago and after I read one, I ran back to the library to get all the rest. Don't know if I've read the complete series, but I have read a lot. And if you're not familiar with the No. 1 Ladies Detective series by Alexander McCall Smith, you should check out because I find them so addicting.

Little Messy Missy said...

I am going to have to find some of those books! I love the silverware out in the pots, great idea!!!

Kateri said...

I love the look of the silverwear in the little pots!