Monday, November 15, 2010

Tea Cup Pincushion - Quick and Easy




 I was going to hot glue the cup to the saucer, but decided not to in case I wanted to use the saucer for pins without the cup in the way. The blue pin holder is magnetic and works like a charm.

I need to get some straw needles and now they have a special place to live.




I put a lot of hot glue around the inside of the cup about a third of the way down. Put the pin cushion in the cup and held it down for a little bit.

Hot gluing the buttons was tricky







I cut off the extra material. Maybe not so neat, but it works.









I didn't want to take the time to sew and gather up the edge of the material. So, I used up some old pins and pulled the edges to the bottom and pinned.








I used an old tomato pincushion I got at a garage sale instead of having to buy a styrofoam ball. There are four layers of material because it is thin. And I used a piece of batting. Buttons for needle houses.





November Thankful Quote
(Well, it is really a bit of a poem)


Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home;
A charm from the sky seems to hallow us there,
Which, seek through the world, is ne'er met with elsewhere.
~ John Howard Payne - Home, Sweet Home

I am very grateful for home.

Today's riddle: My tail is long, my coat is brown. I like the country, I like the town. I can live in a house or live in a shed and I come out to play when you are in bed. What am I?


Answer to yesterdays riddle: Teapot

(November 15, 2009)

[1 egg today]

~:>
Smiles

9 comments:

Lynda said...

This is so cute. I'm making aprons for my daughters and daughters-in-law and I'm going to make matching tea cup pin cushions! Thank you for this cute idea!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute~my mother would love this as she collects teapots. I'm thinking Christmas!

Teresa

The Preacher's Wife said...

Cute, cute, cute! Have you thought of glueing a magnet to the bottom of the cup and then another to the saucer? Then you can also use the saucer for your pins. You have a wonderful idea with the teacup! thanks for sharing.

Kent Island Red said...

That's really neat, Callie. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Vicki Lane said...

A clever pincushion!

I suspect the critter in your riddle might be a rat...

DayPhoto said...

What a cute idea! And I like your new blog set up.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That is such a cool pincushion..
Answer: Is it a mouse?

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Little Messy Missy said...

Such a cute idea. Those would make great Christmas gifts!

GrannyAnnie said...

I love this! I have quite a few odd tea cups & saucers (some from a child's set, even). I will have to make me one. Thanks for sharing this. Oh, and I like that magnet idea, too.

Anna in Oklahoma
twofarmsone.com