Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rainy Day Photo Blues

(click photos to enlarge)

Today I did work on the quilt for a while
straightening  the edges and cutting some fabric
only to find out that I don't have enough
of the "dragon in the grass" fabric.
I will be going to the quilt store on Monday
to pick up more fabric.

In the meantime
I have a slew of photos of the New Home Treadle.

It is hard to believe I spent most of the day
dragging the treadle around the house
looking for places to park it while I tried to get some
decent photos of its sweet self.

The rainy day made the house dark and the overhead lights
made reflections in the photos.  Yuk...
I do have some that are fairly good.

I got brave and took the bobbin shuttle out
and laid it on the peeling cabinet.
I even managed to replace it.

This black iron ? something was in the black box
with the attachments.
Don't know what it is or does.

It is hard to see but there is a #2
stamped into the metal
under the big round thing on the right.
Amazing how all this works so smoothly.
The bobbin is in there
and swings back and forth past the needle.

These are the slider plates.
I had to take them into the kitchen and lean them
on the cook top to get a decent photo.

This gizmo is the bobbin winder.
I'm not sure what the slider gauged thing is?
Stitch length adjustment?

This is a photo from the back of the machine.

And a photo from the front.

End view showing the holes the belt goes through.

I plan to strip the paint off the cabinet
and refinish the wood.

This shows the design well
and rust on the wheel area
that the belt runs around.

I need to find out how to get the rust off.
So, far the only really rusty areas 
are where the belt ran.
Don't know why.

          Everything is slow and sleepy around here today.
The rainy dark day makes me feel like I should have stayed in bed.

I'm trying to find out more information about how long the treadle
has been in the family.
I'll be posting more about future developments with
"Lovey" my New Home Treadle.

Smiles

No comments: