Thursday, January 01, 2009

Persimmon Butter

Well, I know I said that I was going to make persimmon pie,
but what I was really aiming for
was to make the pie filling
to use the same way as the Lemon Curd.

Persimmons!
I peeled one of these when it was firm and cut it up
and ate it like an apple.
Very good.
Sweet!


Pretty aren't they!

I assembled all the ingredients, but didn't have enough persimmons to make two cups of pulp. So, I added some banana and some pear to the pulp.

My method of making pulp was to push cubed pieces of the fruits through a small strainer. I wasn't trying to get the fruit through the strainer, just get it smashed up.
It worked pretty good.


2 cups of pulp, 2 egg yolks, 1/2 cup of sugar, l tsp lemon zest (I used more,) 1/8 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 Tb butter... and it is supposed to go into a 9" baked pastry shell when cooked.

I cooked everything for 5 minutes, whisking all the while, 
except for the eggs and butter,
then added them and cooked until thickened.

After I cooked the mixture ...

This is a no-bake recipe!








I put it into a covered dish!



The recipe said that you could
put whipped cream on top
and push it to the edges
to seal.







Of course, I tasted the mix and to my surprise it tasted like pumpkin pie... who knew?
I don't know why this text is underlining
and I don't see any thing to click on that will make it go away...
I tried the eraser, but no go...

There are lots of recipes online, that's where I found this one...
and lost the link... sorry...  :(

It rained again today and it is very foggy on the roads to town.

Hope you had a great day!
Smiles  :(

I wonder if that will make a smiley face
or just be a colon and parentheses ?

No comments: