Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Green Tea And Ginger... Ginger Tea




Hot days and working outside call for a cool drink.

I have watched a lot of videos on YouTube about different ways to make ginger tea.

But I haven't found one that actually uses tea.
Sometimes, I leave out the tea and just use water.

Some have directions to boil the ginger in water sometimes with other ingredients such as cinnamon or with dates.

I just happen to love green tea and since I had a pot of tea and a lemon around I decided to use them.

Instead of boiling the ginger I grated it finely on the microplane and added it to the hot tea. I like ginger so I don't strain the tea and ginger.

When the tea and ginger mix has cooled I add it, the juice of a lemon and honey to a pitcher and set it to cool in the refrigerator.

Green tea
     (I use a pot of green tea)
Lemon
     (I use one lemon - you can use more)
Honey
(to taste)
Grated ginger
     (I use about an inch of peeled ginger)
Mix and enjoy

I think you can make the drink anyway you like. Maybe I should try the cinnamon or some dates next time?


I've been raking leaves, cleaning out gutters, filling old feed bags with small branches for kindling and moving stuff that needs to be sorted through.

Lots of stuff needs to go to the dumps or to Goodwill.

I did get the tarps off of the chicken coop and put down some new dirt in the coop.

After I finish the raking, I need to spend some time cleaning the chicken coop. Maybe next week.

Now I'm off to make dinner. But first a cool drink.

7 comments:

Michaele said...

This is so right up my alley. I would LOVE this!

lisa said...

I also love green tea, and now when I make sun tea I always use the green rather than the regular! Your ginger tea sounds good.

LindaG said...

Do all 'teas' have tea? I mean, I think some of them are just called tea, haha.
Like Rose hip tea.

But I don't know. Your recipe looks good. :)

Rain said...

Wow-I'm impressed!! Relax a little on the porch with one of those delicious drinks!! Course then how would your work get done!!~~Rain

Carol said...

thank you Callie - going to make some ginger tea tonight!

Inger said...

I have to try that, looks really good.

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

This looks so good! I would love for you to come share at my weekly Blog Fest. http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-11.html

Lisa
Fresh Eggs Daily