Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

[4 + 6 eggs = 10]   (Only 4 eggs this morning... Looks like the hens are taking the day easy just like Kristine and I plan to do.) Tom has gone down the mountain to gather with family while we stay to keep the home fires burning... heh, heh. But, look, the girls did leave me something this morning.

Well, OK, the eggs were in the straw,
but Kristine gave me the Easter basket this morning
to use to collect the eggs.

I thought I would take the photo in the chair
I moved into the bedroom
to make a reading area.

Amazing the stuff you find when spring cleaning.
(Three brand new empty :( Easter baskets.)

We are sore from all the Spring cleaning,
moving furniture, books, etc.
So, this afternoon we are going to watch
Dr. Who, season 3.
And rest up for more work tomorrow.
Popcorn, anyone?

Yesterday, the hens got straw for Easter!
My shadow, Dark Brahma, Golden Lace Wyandotte, 
bale of straw and Morgan.

And, boy oh boy, were they excited!
They were finding something good in the straw.
Cochin (feathers on feet,) Buff Brahma, Orpington,
Buff Brahma, Dark Brahma, Australope (in back,)
Light Brahma, Dark Brahma

Morgan is a bit concerned.
One of her chickens has abandoned
the flock for 
greener, errr, yellower fields.
Must be something good in all that straw.

I put together a nest box
for the hens who like to lay their eggs
in the wood shed.
Think they will use it?
Maybe, I should put it on the ground?

Won't be long now until we have
lots of green leafy trees
and lots of shade.

I'm still looking for a name
for this little three acre farm.
Well, I want to consider it a farm.
I can pretend, can't I?
Ideas welcome!

How about:

Three Acre Farm
or
Shady Acres
or
Tall Oaks
or
?

Please feel free to contribute your ideas.
Thank you!

Hope you have a very Happy Easter!


Smiles

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Whispering Leaves Farm
Shady Oaks Farm
Scent of Pine Farm
Fresh Egg Farm
Woods House
Chicken Central
Hmmmm...
Nope, that's all I've got right now. :D