Sunday, December 06, 2009

Snow!

I find it hard to believe, but the snow actually arrived. And it has come with a winter storm warning and a hard freeze watch. I took this photo this morning when the snow was just beginning to cover the leaves. This is going to be a quick post because I want to beat a possible power outage. I'll add to the post if I can.
Kristine said she would buy us a winter flag if she could find one at our local store. I have some winter flags, but haven't found them in the boxes.

Last day to vote for Suzanne here.
Check voting here.
Suzanne's blog Chicken's In The Road here.

[no eggs today]
Kristine checked on the chickens and they are OK.
Smiles
~:>

10 comments:

diane b said...

It looks pretty but darn cold. Hope the girls are warm.

RoeH said...

Send some down this way. We could use the wetness. :)

lisa said...

We have snow on the ground and more is on the way this week, maybe ice along with it!

DayPhoto said...

COLD here and snowing. I'll be driving home in ice.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Becky's Barnyard said...

Oh, how pretty. I love to watch it snow. You can tell this is someone that doesn't see much snow. I live in northern Louisiana and last Friday southern Louisiana got snow and we didn't. Doesn't seem fair. I live snow but not ice storms.

Callie Brady said...

diane: Me too! I have the coop blocked off from the wind and cozy places for the chickens to roost.

Callie Brady said...

Lucy: The snow is moving East. Maybe you will catch some?

Callie Brady said...

Lisa: Snow is coming for Christmas!

Callie Brady said...

DayPhoto: Oh, dear! Be careful. I hate icy roads!

Callie Brady said...

Becky's Barnyard: I hope you have a white Christmas!