Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Snow Coop

Snow paths make it much easier for me to get out to take care of the chickens and for Tom to get to the wood shed to get wood for the wood stove. I used to carry a supply of wood and stack it near the house or on the deck, but this year Tom is taking care of the wood. One year I even had the wood stacked so I could open a window and grab wood for the fire when the weather was too bad to go outside. At least I don't have to go get the wood this year. That works for me.

This is the first year I remember that Tom shoveled paths. I think he was having fun. The other years I think either we ran cars out there to flatten the snow or our neighbor ran the snow plow around. I stuck duct tape on my boot and so far it is not leaking. I know if my boot was in better shape I would be having fun stomping around in the woods with Morgan.

I'm watching Gosford Park. One of my favorite movies of all time. There are not many movies that I love to watch time and time again. Gosford Park trailers here.

Hope everyone's winter weather is not too bad.

[1 egg today]
That was nice.
Smiles
~:>

8 comments:

lisa said...

That picture looks so peaceful!

DayPhoto said...

I wish our snow was melt enough to see soil. We have paths everywhere. Only they are frozen white paths.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Chicken Boys said...

We just got a couple of inches of rain. It will be in the 20's by tomorrow night, but clear skies. No snow for me. :(

Tanya said...

I'm afraid I've never heard of Gosford Park. I'll look for it at the store.

Callie Brady said...

lisa: Yes, it is so quiet after it snows.

Callie Brady said...

DayPhoto: If we had more snow I guess it would melt in the paths and fill them in too.

Callie Brady said...

Chicken Boys: Glad you got some rain.

Callie Brady said...

Tanya: Gosfor Park is what I call a listening movie. Lots of dialog, but I love that time in history.