Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Sunset

Yesterday, there was a lot of gold in the sky along with the pink when I ran for the house to get my camera. By the time I got back outside this was all that was left and it continue to darken rapidly. My little camera doesn't capture the intense colors well, but this gives some idea of how lovely the sunset looked through the trees.

I counted the chickens (all there) tonight after I hung their feeders outside because we are supposed to have some sunny days. Not warm days; just sunny days. That's good. I think they eat better in the morning when the feeders are outside rather than in the coop. I still haven't convinced the broody Australorp to give up her nest. I'll keep trying.

My neighbor introduced me to the puppy their family got for Christmas. Now I want a puppy. Well, I've been thinking about getting a dog. In fact I was watching Cesar Millan videos when my neighbor called to wish us Merry Christmas. I've been trying to make up my mind about whether I should get a big dog. Or should I get a herding dog like Morgan? My very first dog was an Australian Shepherd and I would seriously consider getting one if I found a breeder around here. I wish the breeder we got Morgan from was still breeding puppies. I'll keep looking around online.

[1 egg today]
Pretty brown egg.

Smiles
~:>

6 comments:

diane b said...

Glad the sun is out and giving you nice sunsets. A border Collie is a great dog for rounding up chickens but probably would scare them out of laying.

Chicken Boys said...

Merry Christmas! Good luck with the puppy!
~Randy

Toni aka irishlas said...

I love sunrise/sunset photos and they are hard to capture no matter what type of camera being used - well at least for me !
Good luck with the pup decision - you could always look at a breed rescue too.
Merry Christmas!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh it is beautiful..
Hey what about an ACD. We are very loving and loyal. We follow mom where ever she goes. We love to herd too...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Callie Brady said...

diane: Yes. I agree. The border collie's have the Eye and give me the willies sometimes the way they stare at you. Great for herding sheep.

Chicken Boys: I think the puppy idea is a pipe dream. But it is neat to think about.

Toni: I did look at rescue sites. I have rescued a dog before and I don't think I'm up for the extra psychological care they require. They break your heart.

Gus, Louie and Callie: Thanks. I like to think about getting a puppy, but I don't know if I will actually do it

Tanya said...

Oh my! You want a dog? How about Morgan? Does she want a dog too? I've never thought about GETTING a dog or cat. They COME! I wonder what the chickens will think about it all.