Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Welcome December!

I spent time today digging out Christmas decorations, putting on the Christmas table cloth, and hanging my fake Christmas wreaths in the house. I used up all my Christmas tree ornaments decorating four fake wreaths. I didn't want to throw out the old ornaments and this was a good use for them. I put all the metal ornaments on one wreath, soft on one, wooden on one, and plastic on another. I still have boxes of Christmas stuff to go through, but I'm hoping that Kristine will help me tomorrow. Some of the stuff will just have to stay in the boxes.

Took this photo this afternoon, but the day was not much brighter. Winter has truly arrived. I'm not ready for Christmas. I can't believe there are only twenty four days until Christmas. I'll just get used to everything and it will all be over. Sometimes, I think that the people who leave their Christmas decorations up all year have the right idea. I suppose I could try it out this year.

Kristine brought home the Angels and Demons DVD tonight. The plan is that we will watch it together tomorrow. Angels and Demons and Christmas decorations. Sounds like a plan.

Click here to vote for Suzanne.

[2 eggs today]
Chickens didn't get out today.
Smiles
~:>

12 comments:

diane b said...

When you have done your decorations you can come here and do mine as i can't get excited this year as the girls won't be home like last year.

DayPhoto said...

My hens have slowed down production since it got cold here. I'm getting 1-2 daily sometimes three once in a very great while 4. But mostly 2.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

John Going Gently said...

I think you enjoy christmas more than I do
xx

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You are so up on Xmas. Mom is kind of a Scrudge. She doesn't do much decorating but she does do lots of baking..
Dan want to see the movie. Hope you give us a good review..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Becky's Barnyard said...

I love the picture of the leaning tree and the trail. I know you will have you house decorated beautifully. I haven't started yet. I need to soon.

Callie Brady said...

diane: I know how you feel. There have been years that I left the decorations in the boxes and just had a tree... or wreath. Hope they surprise you and make it home for Christmas!

Callie Brady said...

DayPhoto: Glad to know it is not just my hens that have slowed way down laying eggs. I didn't consider the cold as a factor. I just thought it was molting that was the problem. I hope they start laying again soon.

Callie Brady said...

John Gray: You enjoy family, friends, your animals, and that is the best part of the holidays. Much better than wreaths and decorations.
x

Callie Brady said...

Gus, Louie and Callie: Oh, boy! I'll take baking over silly old decorations any day! Haven't watched the movie yet. I may have to wait until the weekend. Review to come...

Callie Brady said...

Becky's Barnyard: I don't decorate very much. I just put out the things I really care about, a few strings of light on the sliders and the last couple of years Tom put up a fake tree. Can you believe. Here we are surrounded by pine and we have a fake tree. LOL

Tanya said...

YOU'RE not ready for Christmas? You've got your wreaths! At least you've done the digging for the decorations. I haven't gotten that far yet... Maybe this weekend?

Callie Brady said...

Tanya: Yes, I did look through 4 boxes, but I have lots more to look in and see what I want. This weekend sound good!