Sunday, December 20, 2009

On The Porch Again

Wow! I just found out that pressing the control key and o causes the post to publish. I'm not all the way awake from a quick nap. I went to type On in the title box and oops! Publish... ready or not.
The chickens all look wonderful They are doing well in the cold weather which surprised me because it seemed that they weren't finished molting when the cold arrived. They all look plumb, well feathered and hungry. Of course they are always interested in food. This time it is lettuce they are cleaning off the porch. That is a stack of wood in a wheel barrow that Tom has parked outside the slider handy for filling the wood stove.

I hope the deck makes it another winter without me falling through one of the saggy weak spots. I have tried to patch up some of the weak areas, but in some places the support boards have cracked. Maybe we should just tear it out and build some stairs to the front door and sliders? I don't think Santa is going to bring us a new porch. I would love to have one with a porch swing, a clothesline and enclosed area to use all year. Dream on...
This is Pastey the Light Brahma with her pretty new feathers. She sure looks better than she did in October here when she looked like she was half plucked. I love fluffy chickens!

Tomorrow the plan is for Kristine to take us off the mountain to go Christmas shopping. I'll charge the camera and take it along in hopes of getting some great Christmas photos.

[no eggs today]

Smiles
~:>

4 comments:

Deb said...

Your chickens look great - the light brahma is so pretty :) I don't like the molting period....seems to take a long time but they always look so nice after.

Enjoy your day christmas shopping. My Mom and I went yesterday. We had fun!

DayPhoto said...

I have always wanted a wrap around porch and a sun room full of plants. I don't think I'll ever get either, but dreaming is fun.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh you chickens sure know how to enjoy yourselves.. Mom be careful. We don't want you to fall through either...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Chicken Boys said...

You gotta have the porch! Chickens on the steps just doesn't have the same ring.
~Randy