Monday, August 09, 2010

Patches, Chickens, Shelves And Lots Of Thens

This morning started out with me getting things ready to paint some of the walls in the house. I got the drop cloth (plastic) folded and laid out in the hall, got the step ladder and even found the right paint and brush.

Then I got sidetracked into doing laundry and ironing patches on my jeans.

Then I gave the chickens some cabbage treats.

Then I cleaned up my work area that was full of my tools and stuff and put it away in the plastic roll around cabinet. I talked Kristine out of the cabinet.

Then I rummaged around in the storage place and found two shelves that my Dad built for Dolores. One was coming apart and I had to spend some time putting it back together and attaching two backing boards to stabilize it and straighten the frame.


Then I gave the fixed up shelf a coat of the paint I used for the kitchen cabinets. The plan is to put one of the shelves in the kitchen to hold cups and glasses. The other shelf will go in the green bedroom. Works out great since it is already green.

I never did get back to painting the wall. First thing tomorrow after breakfast I will start painting the wall. No more diversions. I hope.

I am so very far behind reading blogs and making comments. I'm just too tired after I post and just want to go to bed. Sleep, I need sleep. I want to get all this painting finished before the weather turns.



Peek at the Past
 (August 9, 2009)

[3 eggs today]

~:>

16 comments:

Tracey said...

Well at least lots of other jobs got done! Hope you get some sleep or you will never have any energy left to paint! xxx

Jody Blue said...

It is a busy time of year...and blogging is low on everyones list. I am easily sidetracked at times, I can find so many things to change my mind and head in a different direction.

Gail said...

I want a dose of your vitamins! I can't seem to get any thing done while you are working up a storm.

Gail said...

PS I love the shelf.

diane b said...

I think that is called procrastinating.

Carol Murdock said...

Hey Callie! You know my chickens will not eat cabbage of which I have never understood! :)

Melodie said...

I get side tracked like that! You got a lot done though! You may have some adrenal fatigue ,you have been sick a lot lately and it can wear on you.Just want you to feel better!

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Callie ~ I do that often too , get sidetracked and don't finish my started project.
But , at least you got a few other things accomplished , that's great.
The chickens look like they're enjoying their treats.

~ Many Blessings ~

LindaG said...

Hehe. I always end up helping my hubby with the yard work instead of painting because, as I tell him, the results are quicker in coming and it makes me feel better.

*hugs*

Don't worry about us. Take care of yourself. :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Callie, Wow---I love your blog.... Looks like you hae a wonderful life out there in CA... What a gorgeous part of our country!!!!

Distractions????? We all have them... After being on vacation for only 4 days, we came home to being BEHIND in everything... ha

Thanks for coming to my blog.... Come back anytime. I will return to yours.
Hugs,
Betsy

John Going Gently said...

I know your syndrome!!
TOO MUCH TO DO..TOO LITTLE TIME
XX

Toni aka irishlas said...

My hens love cabbage!

Your getting a lot accomplished around the homestead. No wonder you're tired at night!

We all get behind on things. You'll catch up.

Becky's Barnyard said...

You better be tough when you go into retirement. There is just not enough time in the day. The good part is, I do what I want. You have been really busy.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

You do a lot and accomplish so much in a day and I really do admire that about you!! But I hope you are getting your rest, we don't want you to get sick again!! Take care of yourself and I hope you take time to relax...At least for a little while! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you have been very busy and deserve to go to bed. I have days like that when I seem to be always getting distracted.

Teresa

Wonky Girl said...

I really enjoy your blog so hope you get distracted to blog!
Seeing all that you do keeps me motivated to do more around my place.
Ugh, I have all the paint to do the inside of my house but get side tracked with other projects too.