Saturday, June 13, 2009

Nite, Nite, Henny Penny

Henny Penny looked pretty chipper when I went out tonight to put her back in the coop for the night. She moved up to the front of the carrier and looked me in the eye and said something in chickens that I didn't quite catch. I do think she is feeling much better. Messy girl. Look what she did to her feed bowl. I was asleep all day because I was up all night changing out the cold packs on Kristine's jaws every 15 minutes with a rest period of 5 minutes in between. What did me in was the trips up and down the stairs. Tom took over for the day pills and cold pack shift.
Here is Henny Penny all tucked in for the night. Tomorrow, I will try letting her out in the chicken pen for awhile after the other hens have left for the woods. I hope I will be surprised and she will not be injured. I looked back at the 1st photo here of her I posted and she really looked bad. I still don't know what is wrong with her, but she is eating, drinking and moving. Well, I'll find out more tomorrow.
[4 eggs today]
Where have all the eggs gone?

Smiles
~:>

No comments: