Thursday, August 05, 2010

Painting Slowdown


There is something living near the water pan and it has dug a hole that makes a great drain for the water. There would be a big puddle here if the water wasn't running down the hole.








Morgan and the chickens meet up at the watering spot. On the hot mornings I turn on the water and let it run while I collect eggs. The only bad thing about this is that sometimes I forget to turn the water off.







This is the fat wyandotte. 
There is a mean wyandotte
and a poorly wyandotte that is doing much better.






And this is the skinny wyandotte that was the first chicken trapped under the fence. She was already a skinny hen. Good thing I guess.




I  made a start on the painting
and found out that I need to cut
some trim boards and trim out around the slider
and some other places before I continue painting.

Tomorrow I'll nail up the trim
and then use a roller 
and hopefully cover the walls quickly.

I have been painting with a brush and that is a lot slower. I thought I would paint the grooves and trim before I did the roller painting. I'm tired and got hand cramps from using the brush. Early to bed for me.

Peek at the Past
(August 5, 2009)

[4 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

8 comments:

diane b said...

I had ham and eggs for lunch but no hens here to provide me with eggs. Take it slowly with the paint job.

Melodie said...

I do that all the time,forget to turn off the water,lol!The ducks love it!

Lorilee said...

I'm so bad about forgetting water on too! I hate it so much when I do that!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Inger said...

Every time I open your blog and see those chickens on the porch I just have to smile! Good luck with the painting...hope it isn't too hot where you are.--Inger

LindaG said...

Hope you have a good weekend! Don't overdue it. :)

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Sounds like the chickens and Morgan didn't mind that you forgot to turn off the water...
Your project is looking good..

Big Slippy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Anonymous said...

I hate when I forget to turn the water off. I think you've been working way too hard with all this painting. I hope you get to enjoy the weekend.

amothersheartinwords said...

I am notorious for leaving the water on!! I hate to paint. There, it's out there and you know my secret. It's why I am happy to bring the lemonade, sweet tea and iced water to the painter, er..uh, husband.

:-)

love your daily chicken egg updates!