I asked Morgan and the chickens to pose in front of the compost so the photo wouldn't be so boring. I paid the chickens off with a handful of scratch. Morgan was happy to be in the middle of things. Poor Morgan didn't get a treat.
Using scrap pieces of wood I screwed together a wooden cover for the plastic crate and put it in the middle of the communal nest box. This set up makes for three individual nest areas.
Here is the box with fresh straw. I'm curious to know if the hens will lay eggs in the box tomorrow.
I have tried to divide this box before but ended up taking out the crummy scrap wood. This time I screwed in a series of stakes. I use what I have and I have a bunch of stakes.
And here is the stake box with fresh straw. There is a long piece of plywood that fits behind the wire/wood door when it is closed.
I put another plastic crate in the bottom nest box. Sure hope the chickens are happy with their new nest box arrangement. When the doors are closed on this side all the nests are nice and dark and cozy.
Eggs... eggs girls... I want eggs.