Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thunder, Lightening, Hail

When the hail started I tried to catch the thunder and lightening but gave up and just went with this. The chickens finally went in their coop. I don't understand why they stand outside in the rain. The thunder was the big boom and crash sounding thunder. I'm staying in the house.


The chickens are locked up and unhappy
even though I gave them a lettuce treat.
They would much rather be out under the trees.

Since I am thinking about cars and eggs I looked on YouTube and found this fun little project for children to make a car out of an egg carton. I always liked my girls to be able to make things to play with. These little cars would make fun place cards especially if they each had the persons photo that was supposed to sit there. The cars could be filled with things appropriate to the theme of the party. Or the little cars would just be fun to make and play with.

Kristine is home after visiting the doctor and finding out that the tremor in her hand was due to whiplash in her shoulder. She will need therapy.

Tomorrow will be filled with dealing with insurance companies, getting a loaner car and dealing with any other stuff the accident caused. No surprise I suppose, but the insurance company is not being helpful. Sigh. So, evidently we have been paying for the privilege of having them brush us off. Argh!

I am so glad I don't have to interact with the insurance people. I am afraid I would get upset (angry) and that wouldn't be a good thing. 

(May 26, 2010)

[7 eggs today]

P.S. Just a note of thanks to those who decide to Follow this blog. I do try to leave a comment and thank you, but some don't have blogs and some have Friends. I don't have an account for Friends. So, here is a thank you to everyone.

~:>
Smiles

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I have 12 chickens and a guinea fowl and I had no idea about square eggs haha. Thanks for that little video. Guess Im in the loop now :)
I hate insurance companies too!

Diane Perry said...

Hi Callie
I know, it is so strange that they choose to stand out in the most terrible weather conditions. My girls often walk about quite happily in the rain until they look like bedraggled little rats!

diane b said...

Well the bad weather and the fox didn't stop the girls from laying. Thats good. Sorry to hear about Kristine's tremor, hope it gets better.

Vicki Lane said...

Hope the insurance folks eventually Do the Right Thing!

Melodie said...

My chickies are the same way...sometimes the look like drowned rats..but it doesn't seem to do them any harm.

Good luck with your insurance problems...

Kelsi said...

Hail is the worst. Have you planted your garden yet? How did it take the hail?

DayPhoto said...

Hail is terrible, I suppose your stuff will be heading our way. So far the jet stream is still moving your weather to us, instead of moving the Arizona weather up.

Hope everything goes better than expected tomorrow.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Toni aka irishlas said...

I'm just catching up with your blog and I'm sorry to see about the accident! Hopefully everything will work out in the end. I know it will take diligence on your end to get the insurance company to do the right thing. Hang in there!

I thought we had weird weather in Maryland, but, I think you beat us. Hail in May? Wow!

My chickens stay out in the rain even if it's pouring buckets... they seem to be okay with it, so I let them stay. Silly chickens!

John Going Gently said...

thanks for being so sweet about maddie
x

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Callie!! Its really been a crazy week with our boy Tanner, and I've missed reading your blog, and missed you too!! :-)) Thanks for the kind thoughts and well wishes for Tanner, and Maguire too!
I'm sorry to hear about the accident, and hope Kristine will be okay!! r