Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Branches and Beds


This is a photo of two planter beds that I have started to fill with old branches. I dug out the smaller bed today and then wandered around the property looking for branches hiding under the leaves. I am about halfway done filling the beds with the wood. Looking for more wood will be a good job for me tomorrow.

It was so nice and warm today, but the weather is going back to the 60's and 50's for the rest of the week. I will be happy when we get some warm weather. I need sunshine!

Morgan did a lot of barking today that I would like to think was at foxes, but I think she was probably after squirrels. At least the barking will hopefully keep the fox away.

Things are pretty boring around here. The big event today was when a propane truck parked out by the gate with the engine running. Noisy thing! I was out checking on the chickens and taking photos so I clicked off a pic. I thought the truck drivers might be lost... or maybe they stopped to eat lunch?

The chickens are so happy to be back out in the woods. The ground is still fairly wet so the hens are having a ball digging holes looking for yummy eats.

I have started reading comments and blogs. It is going to take me a long time to catch up.

Kristine and I are still tired and sleepy. I'm going to cook steak tonight in hopes that will give us some energy. Maybe I should get some salmon. Fish and chips sounds good.

(May 4, 2009)
mmmm... BBQ

[ 5 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

10 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for sharing! Glad your back!

diane b said...

Sorry to hear you are not 1005 but at least you are doing a little. Hope the weather warms up more yet.
Don't worry about catching up just take your time. It is supposed to be fun after all.

LindaG said...

Fish and chips definitely sound good. But steak sounds good, too! Maybe a little of both? ;)

Don't overdo it though. Glad to see you got out and got some fresh air. Hopefully that will help! :)

*hugs*

Linda

lisa said...

Its hard to believe how noisy some trucks can be! We had one go by the house this morning that was louder than heck!

RoeH said...

Fish and chips does sound good. I just might have to find me some now. Course it won't be as good as say....Anthony's in San Diego on the waterfront. I think it's time for a road trip.

Chicken Boys said...

Hope you guys are back up to par soon.
~Randy

DayPhoto said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. You sure have had a long spell.

Spring would help.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Vicki Lane said...

Easy to get overwhelmed this time of year -- I always want to do everything yesterday.

JoyceAnn said...

Glad to see you're out and about again. I've been slack , haven't finished my garden bed yet , really need to get back to it.
That's a nice looking chicken coop , would love to have a greenhouse someday too.


~ Many Blessings ~

Jen said...

I bet your chickens are happy to be out diggin around! Our will have to stay in the chicken run for awhile, we started plantin yesterday and if we let them out they will go straight to the gardens for their dirt baths and scratch up all the seeds we planted.