Saturday, May 01, 2010

May Myrtle


I actually got myself outside today and took some May photos. I would have liked to take more May flower photos, but Myrtle is all I found.

I promised Kristine to just do one job today and not get carried away with different tasks and make myself sick again. I was good and just cleaned up after the Buff house chicken. Somehow her pen, straw bedding, etc., was waiting for me to clean up and put away.

The weather has been so unpredictable, but we are supposed to have some sunny days this week in the 6o's. That's still kinda cool for my taste.

When I'm cold in the morning, I just put my clothes on over my pajamas. Kristine thinks I'm silly, but I don't care. I'm more interested in staying warm.

The Buff house chicken is all healed up, fine and happy and back in the chicken herd hanging out with her buddy, Pastey, the smaller white Brahma.

Hard to see in the photo but that is an apple tree on the left being propped up by a stake. Two tall cedars in the middle and lots of new green leaves and needles brightening up the forest.

Kristine still sounds like she has pneumonia, but she is back to work and classes. She says most of the problem now is from allergies. Too much pollen around. She got an allergy shot and pills to go along with the antibiotics.

I know I'm on the mend because I want to work on some projects I have planned. Before I really didn't care about anything. I haven't read any blogs yet. I am soooo behind. I still feel so tired.

[9 eggs today]


(May 1, 2009)

~:>
Smiles

11 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

HELLO CALLIE!! It was so good to see your post and see that you are feeling better!! I hope that the sun continues to bring some warmth and you continue to regain your energy!! Take care, and don't try to do it all!! ;-)))

Kristine said...

I'm thinking that might actually be a small goose. I've never seen a duck walk with their back that level. And there's a really small black chicken in the picture too, to the left of the mystery waterfowl. :)

Jen said...

Glad your starting to feel better. Pretty May Pics.

LindaG said...

We're supposed to be in the 80s. I think we made it today. It's 71 as I type this at 11 PM.
Love your pictures. :)

Linda

Knatolee said...

Glad to see you back! Now don't overdo it!!

lisa said...

So glad to have you back!

Deb said...

Welcome back...I've missed the daily egg count.

Mike said...

Glad your back!

Little Messy Missy said...

Glad you are on the mend...missed you!

John Going Gently said...

great to have you back!!
have you had pheumonia too?

(sorry thats the nurse in me)

glad to hear you are on the mend
xxx

Tanya said...

Glad you're back. I wear clothes over my pajamas too in the winter... Getting too warm for that around here now.