Monday, May 03, 2010

Porch Chickens


The chickens enjoyed a cabbage treat on the porch this morning and then stuck around in hopes of more good things to eat. The hens look bigger to me now. I guess they gained weight over the winter.

One of the Wyandotte hens has been acting poorly for over a week, but looks like she is feeling better today. She is moving around quicker and is eating and drinking. One of the hens is laying tiny eggs. Maybe it's the Wyandotte? Hope the sunny warm weather perks her up.


One of the trunks of an oak tree has bent itself all the way over and is touching the top of the chicken coop. The trunk is way too big for me to mess with. I guess Tom is just going to wait for it to fall on the coop?

I watched movies on YouTube today instead of going outside. But I did have an appetite and ate so I hope I'll have some energy tomorrow. I hate feeling so blah.

(May 3, 2009)
I still haven't done much genealogy.

[8 eggs today]
I had a cute egg basket just like this
but it was hard to use and didn't hold many eggs.

~:>
Smiles

8 comments:

RoeH said...

Hey...I've had days when I never get out of pajamas. And since I have a personal objection with pajamas in public, I try to clean up for journeys to Wal-Mart. Or wherever.

cottage garden farmer said...

Hi Callie, glad to see you up and about, and posting again, take it easy, don't do too much. Best wishes, Kathy

Little Messy Missy said...

May I suggest soup, pajamas's and a Cary Grant movie....

Jody Blue said...

Does that mean he'll build you a new coup then? Sorry your feeling blah. Take care.

LindaG said...

I am glad to hear that you are slowly perking up. Hopefully the warm sunny weather will help you, too. :)

*Hugs*

Get well soon!

Linda

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

Be well. Nothing else really matters whether you do, or not do. Just take care of yourself and get/be well.

John Going Gently said...

sounds as though u may be slowly on the mend
I do hope so
x

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It was good to hear from you; THANKS for leaving comments on my blog. Callie, I do hope you continue to feel better!! I'll continue to send healing thoughts in your direction!

I was at a "Southern States" on Saturday and they had Wyandotte chicks for $5 each...I was so tempted!!!!