Friday, May 28, 2010

Remember And Honor

In 1945 I was 4 years old. I remember watching newsreels at the movies during the 40's. No tv. On the weekends we would go to the movies (matinees) and watch lots of cartoon, shorts and newsreels. That's how I learned about what was happening in the world. We did have one of those old radios with tubes, a rounded top and lots of knobs to turn that didn't do much. I don't remember listening to news on the radio. I would try to find cowboy shows... those were my favorites.
(May 28, 2009)

[8 eggs]

~:>
Smiles

3 comments:

lisa said...

Very nice post, Callie!

Vicki Lane said...

I remember that my father was in some place called Burma -- and I remember the big radio. And I remember playing in the back yard and wondering if I listened hard enough, would I hear the sounds of the war.

diane b said...

I remember those things too. Have a nice weekend.