Sunday, May 02, 2010

Sleepy Sunday

Most of my plans for today didn't happen because I slept most of the day. I did manage to dig out one of the planter beds and get it ready to fill with a layer of old branches. Morgan and the Buffs came to check out what I was doing. This editor is acting goofy again and not letting me type next to the photos.


I thought the egg balancing trick was hard to believe too. This Australorp looks amazed! No, I did not put the egg on the board. The last thing I did before I came back in the house was to clean out the automatic waterer and put some pine branches down around it to help keep the chickens from scratching dirt in it. Poor chickens. Nobody cleans the waterer when I'm sick and I didn't think to tell anyone to do it.



I haven't started reading blogs and answering comments yet. Sorry. Hope to get to that soon.

Kristine just told me that HenRoo was out in the driveway today crowing! This is how HenRoo sounded last year. Kristine says now she sounds like a rooster with laryngitis. I'll try and get a video of HenRoo crowing.

(May 2, 2009)
My bears!

[8 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

9 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

That egg... too funny!

JoyceAnn said...

Glad to see you're back to posting , I've missed you. That's a wonderful tip , putting the branches around the waterer to help keep it clean.

~ Bee Blessed ~

LindaG said...

Your house sounds like mine. No one does anything unless I ask or tell them. ;)
Hope you're feeling better!

lisa said...

Take your time! We will wait!

Toni aka irishlas said...

Callie - glad to see you back! Hope you are feeling better.

I love the egg balanced on the board - too funny! And your crowing hen. What on earth are you feeding that girl :-)

RoeH said...

What a great way to spend a Sunday though. I love your world.

diane b said...

Gosh, I wondered why I hadn't heard from you for a while. I didn't realise that you have been so sick. You poor old thing. I hope you get better soon.

Jody Blue said...

Now that is some laying talent. Glad to see you back, hope your on the mend!

Tanya said...

You could enroll the chicken in a circus! Great picture!