Saturday, May 22, 2010

Blue Sky Last Week

Instead of rain here is a photo of the sky and the tops of the trees on the morning of the 19th. At least the day started out sunny.

As the trees leaf out more and more of the sky is covered which works out very well in the summer when the temperature moves into triple digits. 

When it's hot the shade is very welcome. But when the weather is bad it can get pretty gloomy under the trees. A branch fell on the back deck yesterday and gave me a fright. We could use another storm to come through and knock the rest of the dead branches down. 

I took these two photos
of the myrtle on the 19th 
when I went down
to unlock the gate
for Kristine.

My brother lined
the driveway with the
trees and rocks.


I planted myrtle along the right side of the driveway and I'm starting to plant it along the left side, but first I still need to make some planting areas along that side.

I love the different kinds of moss that grow on the rocks and trees. All the rain is making for lots of moss and happy myrtle.

I would love to have the myrtle take off and cover all the areas under the trees. It would look so lovely and green all year because the leaves disappear into the myrtle. Amazing plant.


(May 22, 2009)
All kinds of compost information here .

[8 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

6 comments:

Toni aka irishlas said...

Hi Callie,
Moss and lichen can be pretty, but, a lot of folks just overlook it. It's nice to see that you do notice how pretty it can be!

I'm sure you'll get back in the groove with things. Sunshine usually helps.
Here's wishing some sunny skies for you!

RoeH said...

I just love your life. Much as I love Arizona, I would move in an instant to somewhere that rains and you can plant stuff and have it grow.

John Going Gently said...

cal

can you tell me a little more about myrtle and why you have plantedit there?

Unknown said...

Hi ya Callie.. I agree that Blue sky is a great vision.. even on rainy cloud filled days.. that patch of blue sure makes my day.. Nice pictures. HAppy chickens too...

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Myrtle and moss. Sound beautiful. Sorry about all the rain. Morgan we sure hope you aren't out in it again watching those chickens..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Little Messy Missy said...

Very pretty sky!