Saturday, November 21, 2009

Early to Bed

And when lights begin to show
Up from the town,
I will mark which must be mine,
And then start down.
~ Edna St. Vincent Millay - Afternoon on a Hill

I am grateful for walks.

When I got home I got my camera out and went to collect eggs and take some photos for the blog. The hens were thinking about going in the coop to roost, grooming, getting a snack and scratching in the wet dirt. Wet! Yay! It's supposed to rain tomorrow.
This Light Brahma is looking better since the feathers on her neck and elsewhere grew back. Her feathers have not all grown back in, but she looks a lot better than she did a few weeks ago.
The feed is undercover and safe from the rain.
The hens are eating the new food!

I made wreaths today, and decorated some of them. The bad thing about this wreath making is that just about the time I get really good at the whole thing it is time to quit because the wreath making only lasts for another few weeks. I love the smell of the pine, being up higher in the mountains and being outside. Yesterday it snowed and this morning there was still some snow on the ground in patches. The chicken soup is ready, so I am going to go have dinner and then go to bed. I'm tired (This is a standing up and moving around job) and I have to be back at work early. I don't know when I'm going to get to work on my wreaths. Maybe I'll stay home Thanksgiving (we do get that day off) and rest and play with my wreaths. I'll see how I feel.

If you are voting for Suzanne, please click here to go to the page to vote.

[Two eggs today]
Smiles
~:>

No comments: