Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tall Trees

"My leaves are turning crimson," the giant oak tree said,
"It's almost time these children should seek their winter's bed,
But how they still cling to me and gleam with crimson hue,
They truly are more lovely than cirrus clouds of blue.
Winifred Sackville Stoner, Jr. - A Song of the Woods

I love and am grateful for the seasons.

I can't get all of these trees into one photo
without backing far away and then they just look like regular trees.
I thought I would try two photos to try and give an idea of their height. The bottom photo also shows the greenhouse and the woodshed. The top of the pine tree is not able to be seen from this angle.

This is a photo I took on Sunday.

I'm using old photos because I slept the day away because of a migraine. Phooey. All my painting plans are put off until tomorrow. I hope that will work out ok. We had leftovers tonight. I just heated up whatever I could find in the fridge. Think I'm going to go back to bed.

[3 eggs today]
Rain tomorrow. 80% chance.
Smiles
~:>

3 comments:

lisa said...

You sure do have some fabulous looking trees. I love trees and how tall they are. We have lots of them also! In Illinois they are not all that plentiful! Take care.

Becky's Barnyard said...

Don't know how I missed this post yesterday. Great pictures, as usual. Hope you are feeling better today.

Tanya said...

Take care! Migraines are NOT fun!