Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Home Alone

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence

I'm grateful for my sight.
I have lost a bit in one eye, but that makes me even more thankful.

Tom has gone down the mountain to provide transportation for his Mom. Kristine got hit in the head with a branch falling from a tree. She forgot to wear the hard hat while walking the dog. She's OK. I had a nice quiet restful day. I listened to the latest chapter of Alexander McCall Smith's book, "The Dog Who Came In From The Cold." I read, did laundry and house stuff. Then I watched Castle, Dancing With The Stars and listened to some astronomy lectures on iTunes. The three Light Brahmas are now all molting. Bad timing.

[1 egg today]
At least the broody Wyandotte got out of the nest box today.
Smiles
~:>

7 comments:

diane b said...

Sounds like you caught up with some well deserved ME time. I was called into work for 2 weeks so I'm a bit tired.

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

I feel like I've heard about your blog before but this is my first visit. Love it!

We hope to move to a larger farm soon. I'd love to have chickens there. Thanks for sharing about yours.

BTW, I LOVE that show Castle! He is so stinkin' cute.

DayPhoto said...

I so cherish some me time...I am so ready...OKAY WHEN!!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

DayPhoto said...

I so cherish some me time...I am so ready...OKAY WHEN!!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

lisa said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day! Good for you.

Tanya said...

My goodness, falling branches? And not even in a typhoon! Glad to heare Kristine is ok.

Callie Brady said...

diane: Hope you get some Me time too!

Alpaca Farmgirl: Welcome! Chickens are a lot of fun. Hope you get some.

DayPhoto: Hope you get your Me time soon!

lisa: I've got to do the Me time more often.

Tanya: Getting hit in the head sure didn't make her headache any better. I wish we would get a big storm that would knock all the stuff out of the trees.