Saturday, November 14, 2009

Clouds


I bring fresh showers for the thirsting flowers,
From the seas and the streams;
I bear light shade for the leaves when laid
In their noonday dreams.
From my wings are shaken the dews that waken
The sweet buds everyone, ...
~ The Cloud - Percy Bysshe Shelley

I'm thankful for clouds.
One day when Kristine was very small she came into the kitchen and took me by the hand and pulled at me to get me to follow her out onto the deck. She couldn't talk yet, but she pointed up at the beautiful clouds that filled the sky. She had discovered clouds.

Kristine spent yesterday cleaning her room and moving furniture. I'm almost back together. Still no rain. The chickens are fine. Morgan stepped in something stinky and she scratched and got it on her neck. Ick. Kristine was going to get pizza, but that didn't happen. I've been doing laundry all day and trying to stay awake. Early to bed.

[4 eggs today]
Smiles
~:>

5 comments:

diane b said...

I love to see the clouds coming but hate to see them going without dropping any rain. Hope you get some soon we had a shower yesterday.

lisa said...

Hope all is well. I love to read up on how your day goes. Take care!

Callie Brady said...

diane: I hate to see the clouds leaving without leaving some rain too! We haven't had a real good rain yet this year.

Callie Brady said...

lisa: Thanks. I'm taking it easy. You get some rest too.

Jennifer said...

I would gladly send you some of the rain we are getting. We are getting snow today too. That is a beautiful picture!