Saturday, November 28, 2009

Windy Day

Today's wind came in great gusts that would bend the trees toward the horizontal. Scary. But the good thing is that everything that was going to fall out of the trees has been shaken loose except for some stubborn leaves that are still hanging on for dear life. I suppose we will have to wait for a good freeze to get those leaves to let go and flutter down to add to the leaf litter.
Thanksgiving day photo of Morgan watching the chickens.
It rained and snowed a bit yesterday so Kristine put the feed inside the coop. The chicken pen is not muddy due to the covering of wood chips. I think the pen is about ready for another layer. Today was a day off for me. I rested, made stew, rested, read, played on the computer and watched Murder She Said again. Back to work again tomorrow. Work won't last much longer, too bad, but I'm enjoying myself while I can.

Vote for Suzanne here.

[2 eggs today]
Smiles
~:>

6 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

In Texas most of our leaves hang on until the first freeze. Then it is stange to see the trees full of green leaves in the AM and then nothing in the afternoon.. Not much color here..
Mmm stew. Mom makes really good stew..
Enjoy the rest of your day.. Our Mom is back to work tomorrow too.. We will miss her..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

lisa said...

Hello, Callie, sorry I haven't been by lately, I so hate useing a laptop for posting! I actually would rather have my desk top! But it is still not fixed and I hate leaving all my blogging buddies behind. It was really windy here yesterday. Lots of people around us in other counties without power because of it!

DayPhoto said...

Your wreaths are beautiful. I remember making those as a child for my mother's gift giving.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.con

Callie Brady said...

lisa: Hope you get a desk top computer soon. I would love to have a lap top too. I guess it is all about what you get used to. Hope the wind calms down. I like some time without power. It gives me a good excuse to cook on the wood stove. LOL

Callie Brady said...

Gus, Louie and Callie: Yep! The stew was good. We have some freezes coming the end of the week. brrrr

Callie Brady said...

DayPhoto: Thank you! I wish I had learned to make them when I was younger. Next year maybe I'll make some up for gifts.