Friday, January 13, 2012

Tree Trimming And Paths

Screamer was supervising tree trimming.

Well, not really.


While I was trimming dead branches.


She was sneaking around.


So she could mess up the paths I just raked.


This sure doesn't seem like Winter.
Nice and warm in the sunshine.

I don't actually saw off that many dead branches.
I hook most of them, give them a yank and they pop off.
I just have to remember to get out of the way, look down 
and hold my breathe 
because all kinds of stuff comes falling down.

I must look pretty funny
standing under the trees waving that long pole around.
It is heavy and if it starts to fall
I can't balance it and it is a good thing it is metal 
because I have to let it hit the ground.

I'm a dangerous tree trimmer to be around.
Screamer stays away.

Back to more tree trimming today and path making.

The naughty chicken got to the egg 
before I did.

0 eggs
~:>

2 comments:

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com said...

I love those paths in the country with the chickens!

Lana

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Yep...my chickens love to "rake" any areas that I try to clean up.
Connie