Friday, January 20, 2012

Lovely Wet Sleepy Day

As of now we are up to 8.61 inches of rain this year.

Morgan in her raincoat.
Hurray for rain!

The only bad part is the bad driving conditions.

Still, I'm very happy we are getting the much needed rainfall.

Rain and being tired and sleepy seem to go together for me and I slept away a lot of the day.

Rain... not snow - front gate.




This photo looks like it was taken at night 
but it was only 3:30 p.m. 
when I took Morgan 
out for a walk 
and to 
check on the chickens.

2 Australorps - Buff Orpington

Some of the hens are not convinced that it is actually daytime 
and that they 
should get off their roosts.

One of the hens is sleeping in a nest box.

I really did try to take more photos
but I was afraid my camera
would get water damaged.

Morgan went sniffing around
in the coop looking for 
the mysterious critters.

Australorp - 2 Dark Brahmas
Light Brahma
She could smell something interesting 
but she didn't find anything.

Wish we could have found a clear tarp 
to cover the pen like we did last year.

I'm sure the chickens 
would be much happier 
with some more light.

Well, they will only have to stay 
in the pen for a day or two.

No scratch marks on the wooden egg.



I watched a lot of QI shows today.
Finished The Name Of The Rose.
I'm going to start reading 
Inside Of A Dog
tonight.

No eggs.
~:>

2 comments:

LindaG said...

I don't think I've ever seen a clear tarp. Maybe you can find some of that clear plastic they use to wrap stuff in for shipping.

I've seen dark like that at 3:30. Makes me want to sleep, too.

Have a good Sunday!

rkbsnana said...

I so look forward to cold, rainy days that hubby stays inside and watches movies with me.