Saturday, June 25, 2016

What! Leave My Eggs Alone!

This morning I got 4 eggs out of the carton
of pasture raised eggs.
If I can't get eggs at the farmer's market
I get the best eggs I can at the store.
Pasture raised eggs.

Each carton has a little news paper about the chickens.

I stab a hole in the round end of each egg
to keep them from exploding
as they steam.

These eggs have a very tough shell.

See the bent pin stuck in the paper under to top picture.

Yesterday, I tried to get away without sticking a hole in the eggs.
Didn't work so well.
About half way through steaming I heard a 
POP!
Messy clean up job getting egg out of the steamer basket holes.
So, from now on I will stab my eggs.
Sigh...
I have a hard time not stabbing myself.
I think there is a egg stabber on the market.
I really need to find one of those.

Then when I went to put the carton away
I saw a sticker someone had stuck on the carton.
Good Grief!

I didn't see the sticker until I was putting the carton in the fridge.

I really wish people wouldn't do stuff like this.
I don't think they know what they
are talking about.

Yes, there are a lot of bad things going on
but putting a sticker on my eggs is 
not going to change anything.

Except make me more adverse
to these tactics and message.

Supporting farmers raising pasture raised chickens
by buying their products 
and /or buying eggs at the farmer's market
would be a start in the right direction.

Down with stickers on my eggs!

Smiles
~:>

2 comments:

LindaG said...

Now see, I did not know that about steaming eggs. Glad I saw this today.

We don't have any pastured eggs like that in the stores here. Just the ones who claim they pasture their chickens, when what they mean is sawdust on the floor of the barn, etc. But when I have to buy them, I always check the Julian date if they mark their cartons properly. Some of those eggs are so old!

I would not appreciate stickers, either. I watched a show years ago that showed plants have feelings, too. So much for vegans.

You all have a blessed week, Callie!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm totally with you - I try to buy local eggs, but sometimes, I just can't, and I don't want a sticker telling me why I shouldn't -- In my opinion, they need to start with the farmers. Not buying them is a waste.

I hope you have a good week, Callie -- And enjoy those eggs!