Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chicken And Dog Way

The chickens and Morgan decided that the driveway was the place to be! At this time of day things are cooling down a bit so I imagine the shade felt good and there was a bit of a breeze flowing past. It was hotter up on the porch. Keeping chickens cool... click here.


Kristine said she wanted some quesadillas again tonight. That didn't hurt my feelings. I like them too.


Since my oven is still non-functional I use my iron ware to make the quesadillas.


First I heat up both the flat pancake skillet and the regular skillet on low while I put the quesadillas together.


Then I use the hot pancake skillet for a lid to help melt the cheese.


It doesn't take very long. I slide the quesadilla out of the skillet on to a plate and then flip the tortilla in half.
Yum! I was going to take a photo, but I started eating.


No photos yet, but I have been summer clearing/cleaning. I figure I have at least the month of August to get rid of a whole bunch of stuff. I'll take some photos when it doesn't look so scary. It would be so nice to just bring in a dumpster and fill it up with stuff I don't want.


I love to get rid of stuff I'm not using, but I'm surrounded by people who don't like change. But, I'll just keep plugging away and little by little I'll get rid of stuff. Hopefully, I'll be able to get rid of stuff in bigger batches.


zzzzz... Note: I started drinking a cup of hot chocolate before bed and I am sleeping soundly through the night. Well, I really drink the cocoa while I'm in bed reading. Works for me.


Peek at the Past
(July 31, 2009)
The jean quilt became a rug.
Don't know about what became of the lizard.

[4 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

11 comments:

Jen said...

Nice pic. of the chickens and yummy looking dinner :)

Melodie said...

I have both of those skillets! I have a ton of cast iron...I love it..makes great quesadillas!

Jim said...

M-M-M....making me hungry!
I too am in the process of 'clearing out'. Feels good eh?

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

mmm those look so good...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

LindaG said...

My oven is broke, too. I've been using my grill when I need to bake or roast something. :)

Be interested to see how your box idea works out. Did you choose them because you have a lot of them around and they are semi-biodegradable?
I've thought of possibly using milk crates, because we have several; or plastic bins as we are in slowly in the process of moving and bins are sturdier than boxes...

Good luck and have a great week! :)

BadPenny said...

Oh wow that looks good. I know how you feel- we have seven years of " stuff " in the loft ...seven years being the last time we moved house so had to clear out. I keep saying that we HAVE to clear it ....we could make money selling stuff ...but the prospect of clearing the loft is too overwhelming

Inger said...

What a lovely blog you have. I'll be back for more for sure. Thanks for your thoughtful comments on mine. I'm so glad the fire scare is over for right now.--Inger

Bill said...

Those quesadillas look very inviting. I had never heard of them but I guess that's Mexican. Unfortunately not very popular over here.

Callie, maybe you can give us the recipe?

Tracey said...

Nice to meet you! Lovely blog, I'll be back...xxx

Anonymous said...

Dinner looks so yummy. I lived over a year without a stove at all! I know how creative you can get cooking.

Teresa

Jenni said...

First of all, I love the picture of your chickens on your blog banner! I also think that is such a cute picture of the chickens and your dog in this post! :)

I hope you had a fun weekend!