Sunday, July 11, 2010

Heat Here, Heat There

It is hot here and I've been moving slow. I did get about half of the trim cut and nailed on the counter. Now I need to cut and nail on the kick boards. Sleeping in the day and working at night sounds like a better and better idea.

It is hotter where Kristine has landed. Check out her latest post here from Phoenix, Arizona. I'm jealous... she got to make a bear! I hope she posts a better photo of the guide dog she is sharing a room with. More posts! More posts! More Starbucks?

 The top photo is of my trusty miter saw and an overheated Morgan asking me if she please can't come in the house. Please?



The chickens heard me sawing boards on the porch and came after me yelling for corn... corn!


After I got the chickens situated happily scratching up their corn I noticed one of the potato plants did't look so good.

I dug it up to see if there was a problem  with   some kind of pest eating the stem, but there were roots. No potato, just roots. It has been about a month since I planted them. So, I guess that is normal... or something ate the potato?












(July 11, 2009)
Ah... some rain would be nice.
It is very hot!

[6 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

6 comments:

lisa said...

I sure know how you feel with the heat! It has been above 80's now for quite some time! Hope the counter comes out good.

Little Messy Missy said...

Sorry about your potatoes... mine seem to be out of control this year. I am excited to dig them up because this year I planted red, white and blue potatoes!

LindaG said...

Well, I can certainly feel for you with the heat. Hope it's not too hard on you and your critters!

John Going Gently said...

love the scarecrow picture in the side bar.....I could do with him!!!!!!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

So sorry about the heat. We can totally relate..
So sorry about your potatoes...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Tanya said...

Heat here too. Do I want to blog or just lie down and melt?