Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good Morgan!

Here is a photo of Morgan at the back fence. Today she has been barking and then tearing off for the fence lines.

I always wonder if she is chasing  squirrels or a fox. When she runs to the fence I think it is perhaps a fox or other predator. I would love to see a California Native Red Fox.

When she runs to a tree, then I think she is herding squirrels from tree to tree. (or following the squirrels) The squirrels are very high up and hop from tree to tree. Morgan (or I) hardly ever see a squirrel on the ground.

While I was back by the fence I noticed a tree that had fallen and was hung up in neighboring tree branches. I don't want to walk under that tree.

On the way back to the house I stopped and watered the little green garden. It is so nice to have a little patch of green among all the dried up litter on the forest floor.

Later, when leaving the garden, I heard some clucking and turned to find I was being followed by the girls. The hens want to find out if I have treats. Sorry, chickies... no treats now.

I gave them cabbage later. I think some of the chickens might have figured out how to fly into the garden, because some of the rose bushes are eaten back.

I spent the day painting. Hard to believe it took me most of the day to get  the first coat of paint on the island.

I didn't have a coat of primer down first, so the paint didn't cover well and the sheet rock sucked the paint up. Tomorrow, the second coat of paint should go on much faster.

Tom's Mom fell and so far the hospital doesn't think she broke or fractured anything. There will be more tests tomorrow.

I'm so sleepy.
I'm having trouble staying awake and alert enough to type this post.

(July 20, 2009)

[3 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

11 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Callie!! Your hens following me is like our dogs--They follow me everywhere! When they are barking at something I can't see, I always wonder what it is too! Sometimes I think they bark just to bark! :-) I hope you're having a good week and got some rest!

I love your post about "Dorsal at the door!"

diane b said...

Isn't that german for good Morning? Love the hat.

Vicki Lane said...

Hoping your mom is okay!

Melodie said...

A good dog like Morgan is worth their weight in gold! I wish I had a dog like that.....

Chicken Boys said...

You seem to be feeling better these days. Get you some rest!
~Randy

Gill - That British Woman said...

I hope things are okay for your mother? I need to paint our kitchen island also........not sure when though?

Gill in Canada

LindaG said...

Great post. Sorry to hear about Tom's Mom. Hope she will be okay!

Not hard to believe at all about the painting. I have been going on 3 trips in October to get the kitchen of our retirement property painted!
Ugh.

Take care! :)

fromsophiesview said...

HEY HO! Morgan....you better not go under that tree 'cause it could come tumblin' down. We had a hurricane go through here in 2003 and it knocked down 10 trees. Out came the buzz saws and took care of the mess. Fingers crossed that the hurricanes don't come north this year...yeah right...we'll get them...we always do!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Morgan you are pretty good at keeping mom and the chickens safe..
Mom you don't carry treats in your pocket for the chickens?
Hope Mom is ok..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Anonymous said...

Nothing can replace a good dog. Glad you have one, and I hope Tom's mother is okay.

Tanya said...

I hope your mother in law is okay.