Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Staining Wood

My new cousin, Kay (Addicted To Knitting here,) sent me a link (thanks Kay) to a blog post about a lady who has chickens that like to watch her knit. There are photos of the lady and chickens here! The chickens all look so interested in her knitting. Cute!

I finally got the last hole under the stove covered. (bowing to weak applause) It took forever to find the right size boards and then I had to cut them down to size in places. Naturally, that wasn't easy. I was even spread out on my stomach on the kitchen floor using a big hand saw and sawing away at some plywood under the counter that was in the way. Amazing.

The next step in this counter saga was staining the kick boards. The boards are on the deck bench behind the chickens. Everybody wanted in the photo.

No. Not really. The chickens wanted a treat when they heard me open the slider. Morgan wanted a treat too. I just wanted to take a photo of the boards. 

Genealogy: I'm still going to be doing more ancestor searching and learning how and where to do the searches. In the meantime, check out this page here . It would be neat if everyone had one of these in their purse, wallet, car, whatever, so they would remember to ask questions and write down the ancestors, I mean answers. I need to print one out.

Kristine's blog here ... Kristine has posted again from Phoenix and this time there is a photo of the bear she made and photos of two guide dogs. I want more photos of the guide dogs. Please! And Phoenix... where is Phoenix. 
Peek at the Past
click here (July14, 2009)

Thank you LindaG at Me (here) for forwarding on the award to my blog. And thanks for all the kind words you had to say. Readers of this blog are welcome to the award. You are all wonderful bloggers!

[6 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

6 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a task Callie!! You have my applause for getting that job done--I think you deserve it, and one for all you get done in a day!! I hope you continue to feel better, and your weather has gotten better too!! We finally had some much needed rain!

diane b said...

You are one handy lady. I could do with you here while Bill is in hospital.

LindaG said...

Your floor is looking great! I hope I can do as well when we start working on our floors!

:)
I love that the chickens and Morgan are looking at you with such hopefulness. Or perhaps they're holding your boards hostage? haha.

Hope you're having a great day!

Jody Blue said...

Way to go!! Being handy is such a good thing.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Everything is looking so good. You sure do nice work...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Jen said...

Floor looks nice...