Saturday, July 10, 2010

Stuff To Do

The chickens were helping me hang out the quilts, blankets, etc. I finally got all the wash done except for the sleeping bags. That will be for another day.

My cold and sore throat finally left, but I'm still tired. Kristine too. I need my strength and energy back. I guess I will just have to start slow and work up to speed.

I haven't posted in so long that it feels strange. I think I will go back to at least some words and a photo a day.

This buff is the hen the fox tried to eat. She has decided that she liked being a house chicken and she comes by to visit us during the day. In the winter the hens like to park here near the wood stove, but it is in the 90's. She just likes to visit.

This is the project I decided to start with. I did a bit of painting and put on the drawer pulls. Tomorrow I have some trim work to cut and attach and then more painting.
I found a neat garden planning page here. I used it to plan out one of my planter boxes. Fun!

Kristine said she would pick up some herbs for me to plant in the small planted box when she gets back from the convention.

I haven't started catching up on comments and reading blogs.

(July 10, 2009)

[5 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

7 comments:

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Callie ~ Glad you're back to blogging , I've missed you. Looks like the buff healed up well , that's wonderful. Guess you'll be busy for awhile with all those projects going on.

~ Be Blessed ~

Foothills Poultry said...

Glad your Buff got better.

~~Matt~~

Melodie said...

Yeah for the Buff! It always makes me smile when I see one that has beaten a predator!

lisa said...

So glad to have the buff up and pecking happily;) I am glad to have chics again myself!

Jody Blue said...

Summer busy-ness can mess with blog posting can't it!?!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello Callie!! Your summer has been incredibly busy--You've had company, you've not felt well, added to that everything else you have to juggle--I don't know how you do it!! Just know that I'm glad you're feeling better and your hen is too!! :-))

Toni aka irishlas said...

Hope you start to feel better soon. Seems like you've had one thing after another. It will zap your energy.

I think it's sweet that your "girls" come up to the house to vist!

Take care of yourself!