Thursday, July 01, 2010

Still Washing

Still washing stuff! I'm hanging most of it out on the clothesline to dry.

I just got some time to sit down at the computer and was hit with a wave of skunk spray wafting in through the window. Urk! Cough! It is very potent! It's like a family of skunks all sprayed at the same time. This is not, not helping my throat. Time to shut the windows!

I will post about making the scarecrow. But, isn't this a neat scary scarecrow face. Rhiannon, drew this on a pillowcase. She wanted the scarecrow to be scary to scare away the birds.

7 comments:

diane b said...

Sure is a scary face. Looking forward to seeing the whole scare crow

LindaG said...

What do the skunks have against your yard?

Ugh. I feel for you. :|

That's going to be a great scarecrow! :)

Have a great weekend!

Chicken Boys said...

I can't get the pretty birds at my feeder cause the black birds come in by the droves. Even different kinds of seeds don't seem to work.
~Randy

Alettesiriane said...

A skunk!This is new to me.I never thought the smell was that bad.But I sure believe you.

John Going Gently said...

i am just about to make a scarecrow.....to scare...well crows!!!!!

what does skunk smell....smell like?

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We had skunks out here in the spring when I was feeding the birds old dog food--I think the pillow case shows how my face looked when that happened!! I hope the air clears and you feel better! I hope you have a safe and enjoyable 4th!!

Kristine said...

John - Skunk smells different to different people. To me it smells like burned coffee beans that have been left outside on a hot day in the sun, in a covered plastic garbage bin. And they're getting a bit rotten. Add some heavy greasy/oily (motor oil perhaps) feel to the scent. Then magnify that by 10 times, and you've got skunk. It doesn't smell that bad at first, but the smell hangs in your nose far longer than the skunk does to the immediate area. The longer the scent stays, the worse it gets.