Thursday, February 17, 2011

Real Snow!

Yep, snow!

The ruler says 9 inches this morning. I think we made the 15 inches forecast and maybe a little more.

We are supposed to get rain and snow for two more days. Who knows? Maybe the the rain will melt all the snow and we will be back to the goofy Spring weather?

I haven't got back to working on the quilt yet, but I did make it to a quilt store. More about that next post.

I'm liking the snow. The chickens are dry, warm and well fed, but only one egg today.

5 comments:

Lynda said...

I was looking at the mountains today when we got a bit of clearing and I thought about you and the snow...we got about an inch of rain and like you said another two days are expected...my hens look like drowned rats. I've been fixing them warm oatmeal with molasses and lard...sounds yucky, but they eat it up and I wanted to make sure they had enough caloric energy to stay warm.
You stay warm up there! Can't wait to see the quilt.

Anonymous said...

That is what my yard usually looks like this time of year. We are having a midwinter thaw - temps in the high 30s, low 40s. Enough to make me get out and clean up the yard in preparation for the next round.

Julia said...

I live in Northern California. We also have received about 16 inches. I love the snow.

Becky's Barnyard said...

Very pretty. Seems lost of people getting snow. I have seventy six degrees today.

lisa said...

Oh boy, I am glad that a lot of ours melted in the last couple of days, but we still have plenty of snow yet to melt and of course the cooler weather is supposed to be back tomorrow with high winds. You take care.