Saturday, February 05, 2011

Finishing Up Kentucky Chain

I'm about half way done finishing the Kentucky Chain block (the 12th and last block.) The photo shows the Kentucky Chain pieces laid out on the cutting mat.

The 11th block on the ironing board (the Missouri Star) is finished.

I decided to make these 12 blocks because I have never made them before and I hoped to find a block I really like that I could use to make a quilt using only that block.

I'm not that good of a seamstress that I can sew 1/4 inch seams without a guide. My method is to use a ruler and mark a 1/4 inch sewing line with a pencil. I do need to get a light marker for the dark fabric. I have several... chalk, a white and yellow pencil type marker... but they don't work. I need to get myself to a quilt store.

Back to sewing...

(February 5, 2009)

[2 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles


No comments: