Monday, February 07, 2011

Last Block Done

I finished the Kentucky Chain block, but only after having to rip out two seams. I put two of the wrong quarters together. I don't care for the optical illusions in quilts. Trying out different blocks to find the ones I like to make and the ones I like the looks of is the whole object of this exercise.

Making a series of different blocks is a lot more interesting for me than making the same one over and over. But, I don't think I will be making this block again.

I picked these fabrics because of the birds and the leaf patterns that I thought would go along with the chicken theme. As Kristine said... we'll have to wait until the quilt top is put together to tell how it's going to look.

I'm trying to figure out what fabric I have that I can use for border strips. That's a job for tomorrow.

I use a back stitch for hand sewing the seams and also put in a running stitch. I'm sure that is overkill as far as stitching goes, but I wanted to be sure the blocks held together.

I'll try to get a photo of each block before I start sewing them together.

(February 6, 2009)

[4 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

2 comments:

John Gray said...

very impressive!!

Garden Girl said...

It is beautiful! I love to look at the pictures of you chickens!