Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quilt Top Needs A Border

This is how I measure how long to make the side strips. I lay a strip down the middle and cut two that length.

I have the side strips sewn on the quilt top and I'm trying to make the choice of border fabric. I have several fabrics I would like to use, but I don't have enough fabric. I need a yard and a quarter for the border.

I like the dark fabric, but it does tone down the overall feel of the quilt.

I'm leaning more toward the red fabric. I'll wait to make the final decision until tomorrow when I can get some sunlight on the quilt.

Colors look different under lamp light. I'll wait until tomorrow to start cutting fabric.

Maybe I'll put a narrow strip of the dark fabric around the top and then put a wide border of red. And I have been thinking of trying out the quick turning method of putting the quilt layers together. Neat thing about that would be I wouldn't have to put on any binding. I'll take photos.

Morgan has been sleeping most of the day and not limping. Well, I don't see her limp. Kristine says she thinks she is favoring her left foot. Sometimes I think she does and sometimes not.

Kristine says she limps when she first gets up. Maybe. Well, tomorrow will tell the story. If Kristine thinks Morgan has a foot problem then she'll take Morgan to the vet.

I'll get to stay home and work on the quilt!

(February 10, 2010)

[3 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

4 comments:

diane b said...

I like the red background best. Could Morgan have a sore hip. That sometimes makes them limp when they first get up. Our dog (RIP) had hip displacia and he hobbled when he first got up.

lisa said...

I love the quilt, Callie, I think it is very pretty and what ever color you use will compliment it very well! I hope Morgan gets to feeling better.

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

I love, love, love that quilt. It is gorgeous, and you are VERY talented. Wow. I like the red, but I also like the idea of both colors, one wide, one narrower. And hugs to Morgan. I hope she is ok.

Carol............. said...

I think the colors are beautiful and I like the idea also of using both border colors.