Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quilt Top Is Finished!

It is hard to see the red border against the wood floor. I'll try to get a photo of the top outside tomorrow.

Kristine picked out a number of fabrics she likes and I'm cutting up around eighty six and a half squares to piece to make up a backing piece.





I cut up some cabbage and gave it to the hens along with some carrot peelings.

Kathleen and family are coming tomorrow to visit. I'll post when I find the time. And I hope to find some time to keep working on the quilt backing.

Kathleen seems to be bringing some wet weather with her. Maybe even some snow.



(February 12, 2010)
I'm ready for snow again this year.
It is weird having this spring weather.

[4 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles


12 comments:

diane b said...

The quilt is looking great and so too the chicken's dinner.

Toni aka irishlas said...

The quilt top looks great!

Have a lovely visit and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Beautiful quilt top...!!
Enjoy

Anonymous said...

It's looking beautiful!

lisa said...

The quilt turned out just beautiful!! I love it.

Wonky Girl said...

Congrats on getting your blocks into a top. It is looking really good. Exciting to be so close to a finish.

LindaG said...

I can see it fine. It looks great!
Have a great day! :)

Knatolee said...

Beautiful quilt!!

Becky's Barnyard said...

Very pretty quilt. I feed my chickens left over cabbage, lettuce, or what ever I have.

maria jose said...

me encantaaa ! quiero un quilt !!

Tanya said...

Oh! You're quilt is wonderful!!! What a fun bunch of blocks and colors!!! That sure went together quickly!

Little Messy Missy said...

Beautiful quilt!