Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Morgan May Have To Go To The Vet

Morgan stayed in the house today, but she still has a limp sometimes... mostly when she first gets up. We found what we think might be a puncture wound, but now all we can see is a small dried scab.

So, Friday she will have to take a trip to the vet unless she stops limping. Poor Morgan. She has three acres of stuff to step on and hurt herself. Maybe I should get her some dog  booties?

Morgan will have to stay inside until we find out what's wrong or she recovers. Maybe the problem is a sprain?

The chickens are not happy having to stay in their pen. I gave them lots of scratch today. They'll get some cabbage tomorrow.

I sewed the horizontal lattice strips on the four panels of quilt blocks. I just laid the four panels out on the bed so I could get a photo.Tomorrow I'll sew the panels together, sew on the side lattice strips and pick out a border color. Red? Dark blue?

I tried out every fabric I have until I found the lattice fabric that worked the best with the blocks. It will be easier to pick out a border color after I get this part stitched together. I know why people buy color coordinated fabrics for quilting. It is so hard for me to pick and mix and match the different fabrics I have.

I did separate the fabrics into color groups, but it is still hard for me to tell which fabrics will work together.

(February 9, 2010)

[2 eggs today]

~:>
Smiles

7 comments:

DevonMaid said...

Picking out colours is my weakness too ... I can see it when others pick colours, but can't choose my own. So I make mostly scrap quilts!

http://devonmaid.wordpress.com/2010/11/24/quilts/

diane b said...

Poor Morgan, I hope you can find out what is wrong with her. The quilt looks good.

LindaG said...

I think a red border will look great on your quilt!
I hope Morgan feels better soon. ♥

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Callie ~ We had to take our dog to the vet last night. She has a bacterial ear infection , he prescribed her some antibiotics. Hope Morgan is feeling better soon.

~ Blessings ~

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Callie!! I've again missed your posts--I've got to start paying better attention!! But I have really enjoyed catching up on your news--I love your quilt and hope that Morgan starts to feel better soon! I'm hoping it's 'just' a sprain!! Let us know!!

Millie said...

I certainly hope Morgan gets to feeling better.

Merideth in Wyoming said...

Your quilt looks wonderful. I vote for dark blue borders. Poor Morgan, hope it's nothing serious.