Saturday, February 07, 2009

Wreath Out the Old

These colors seem to get along together and even the block I made yesterday looks OK next to this one. I guess as long as the colors and patterns in a block work then they can hold their own when next to a block of another color. Seems like. Help... I am dreaming about quilt blocks.

Here is the wreath I made for this Christmas.
It is getting dried out, so it is time for me to take it apart.

First I got two pliers ready.
Then I took off the ornaments. They were attached with long wires.

Now it was time to put the pliers into action.
I pried the wire prongs open that were holding the bundles of pine.
And tossed the pine into the forest with the leaves to compost.


Now it is just a matter of putting all the wreath fixings into a bag
and store it away with the
Christmas decorations so I can use it again next year.

Some people use wire to make a circular frame
and to secure the pine bundles instead of clamps.
I made this wreath using a machine that closed the clamps
when you pressed on a foot peddle.
Next year I think I will try to make a wreath using the pliers
and see how that works.

Happy quilting!

Smiles

No comments: