Sunday, February 08, 2009

Baby Chicks

Thought I would take it easy today while I fight off a sore throat.
I think I am winning so far.
I ate hot salsa with some chips and my throat feels much better.

Hot salsa is my home remedy for sore throat
and coughs. Works for me.

So, how would you like to see some baby pictures?
Raising chickens!

Chicks always seem to be eating, drinking or sleeping.
Some of them fall asleep at the feeder.
They do have their little episodes of activity,
but settle down fairly quickly.
They did well with the special chicken bedding pellets.
The pellets kept the area clean and the chicks didn't try to eat them.
We really enjoyed raising these chicks.

If you are interested in learning more about
chicken breeds,
click here.

A Brahma chick.

This is a Buff Orpington chick.

An Australorp chick.

And this is a Wyandotte chick.

If you would like to see our chicks all grown up,
click here.

Rock garden before I took the leaves off.

The chickens like playing Top Chicken
on the rock pile.
Morgan gets excited
when the chickens jump and squawk at each other,
so she runs around them anxiously.

After I took the wreath down, I put the house flag back up.
It is not a winter flag, but I like the warmth it exudes.
I can almost smell that pie.
Hot apple pie!
mmmmm

P.S. It's raining!!!
P.S.S. Woopie! Now it is snowing!
P.S.S.S. Now it is even snowing more and it is sticking.
We may end up with 2 inches or more if it keeps up.
Hope so!

Smiles

No comments: