Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some People Really Shouldn't Drive When It Snows!

This morning the snow was melting away.
I thought that would be the end of the snow for awhile.
So, I played with my fabric
and made "what if" blocks.

It was getting cold!
I checked on the wood stove and found Morgan
curled up in front of the fire enjoying the warmth.
She seldom does that, so I knew it really was cold.

I checked outside...
Oh, yes, lookie there, it is snowing!

It kept snowing.

It kept on snowing.
As of this post there are 6 to 8 inches of snow on the deck.
Pretty!

But, what is terrible is the way people are driving.
My daughter was almost in two terrible accidents
while driving home on the mountain roads.

She came around a corner and there was
a snow covered car abandoned in the middle of the road.
She barely avoided the car and ending up in the ditch.

She had someone pull out in front of her going very slowly,
Kristine had to flash her lights and hit the horn.
There were cars stuck in the snow
and people were wandering around in the road.
They were wearing dark clothing.
Go figure.

People really, really, shouldn't drive in the snow
if they don't have the skills to do so safely.

Smiles

No comments: