Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mud and Eggs

It just looks like it is going to rain
but the rain we had so far
fell last night.

Morgan and the chickens
don't mind the wet leaves
and muddy spots.

They just plow on through
while they look for their prizes.



I wanted eggs for breakfast
so I checked in with the girls
and got some hard stares.

They wanted me
to go away and come back later.

So, I did.



And this is what I found.

Dirty eggs!

Well, two of them were clean.
Wonder how they did that?



The Hen Cam lady
says not to wash the eggs!

Except when they are muddy
or dirty, and then she
just washes them off with 
cold water.


The cold water got the mud off just fine. This is the first time I have tried the cold water routine. I usually wash them in very hot water with organic soap if I thought they needed it, but I am willing to learn new ways of doing things.  The scrambled eggs were very tasty!

Smiles

No comments: