Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chicken Treats In The Snow

click on photos to enlarge

   I wouldn't want to walk around barefoot in the snow, but these little girls don't seem to mind. I tossed a bag of lettuce out in the pen for the chickens while I changed their water and gave them more feed.


   There is really not that much snow in the pen. A lot of the snow gets hung up in the trees or on the leaves that are caught in the anchor fencing over the top of the pen. Raccoons and bears can walk around up there but so far they haven't gotten past the wire. The leaves make a snow and sun screen.  I'll take them down when we get some sun and snow is history.  I shoot the leaves off with the hose.                                                                                                                            It snowed again last night, but as the photo shows there really isn't that much snow. There has been so much rain in between the snow storms that melted away the fallen snow that this is all that is left. Just enough snow to mess things up and make it so we couldn't get out because the main road is not plowed.

   We should be able to get out tomorrow because we are supposed to have rain not more snow. But, who knows?

   Morgan has decided she loves being out in the snow and sometimes won't come when we call her. I guess she is having too much fun running and playing looking for snow critters.

   Kristine made me watch an anime called Gintama (Silver Balls) episodes 151 and 152. Pretty funny! This is not really my kind of humor, but I can see why she laughs so much when she watches. I wonder if they have chicken anime?

   I had a great idea! Well, I thought it was. Kristine is not so sure...
I think it is such a waste to never look at past posts. Besides I like to see what I was up to last year.  Soooo, my plan is to put a link to the same day last year on each post... somewhere.  How about... Peek at the past? Gee. I was still drinking tea last year. Had to give that up.


[1 egg today]
Surprise!
Peek at the Past
(January 23, 2009)

~:>
Smiles

4 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello! I have visited your blog several times, and LOVE IT! I love chickens, and it's my dream to some day have some of my very own--But until we can,(when our dog-population goes down) I enjoy reading blogs about them! Enjoy your Sunday! :-))

diane b said...

Thats a fun idea. Go back in time.It still sounds very cold there. We were out today and when we came home the house was like a sauna. The aircon is struggling to cool it down.

Unknown said...

Good Morning CALIFORNIA,
Where do you live in California? here in Klamath Falls OR... We are supposed to get snow today and maybe 4 in.by tomorrow... but none yet.I know your state has had Rain galore... I think thats a good idea to link to last years posts... I just love the name of your blog too btw.. cuz I love those chickens too.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Morgan we would come and play in the snow with you... Sorry it is all slushy but we are sure you don't mind...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie