Monday, January 11, 2010
Propane Tanks Covered
by Callie on Monday, January 11, 2010
Click on photos to enlarge.
Yesterday I carried a lot of lumber over to the side of the motor home and piled it up near the propane tanks. My plan was to use the lumber to make a shield to protect the tanks from the sun. Also to protect my eyes from the unsightly tanks. Instead of buying something I looked around and found the scrap wood and decided to try and come up with something. Today I searched around and found the drill bit, electric drill, and screws. Things are never where I think I left them. I couldn't find the screws or the drill bit, but the electric drill was findable. I did have to go back for a pliers because I dropped a board on some screws that were only half way in and bent them and needed the pliers to wind them back out. Fun! I used three inch screws to hold the bottom two rows and two inch screws on the rest of the boards. There is room to walk between the boards and the motor home so I can get in there to move the tanks around or to attach the hose to a new tank.
This poor motor home doesn't go anywhere. It made it up here from the Santa Cruz mountains and has been sitting here ever since. We use it as a place for guests to stay if they want. After the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake we were red tagged out of our house so this was home for over two and a half years. I must have been tired from moving all the wood around because all my photos came out blurry. This was the best of the lot. Good Morgan! I told her to stay.
Today my experiment with the new editor is to type all the text in one large paragraph before I import any photos. I'm having a terrible time getting the photos to go where I want them. The photos either wanted to both go to the top, side or one at the top and one under the text. I either need more practice or more text. I'm going to add a paragraph break. Good thing I check to see if the photos enlarge after I post because the top photo downloaded on my computer. How weird is that! I removed it and uploaded it again and now it will enlarge when I click on it. I baked some more biscuits tonight! The wood stove wasn't as hot as last night so it took an extra 20 minutes because I kept peeking and letting the hot air out of the dutch oven.
[no eggs today]
The Australorp gave up being a broody hen!